Thursday, February 19, 2009

Allow myself to introduce... myself.

Hello, all you juicy mamas out there! I'm the Beverly that Sarah mentioned in her introduction, below. You can call me Bev, The Bev, or just Bevtastic. Heck, you can call me "Skank Bitch" and I'd still probably answer. Holla!

Aaaaanywho. As Sarah said, we two were chatting one fine day and decided to start a little blog for all the cool young moms out there who may not feel like they fit into the usual "Mommy" category. I mean, really - we're thirtysomethings who've had enough life experiences to keep us from being too pretentious or too paralyzingly insecure, we enjoy the occasional glass (or bottle) of fine wine (no boxes of wine, I beg of you!), we have jobs and kids and husbands and lives to live. I don't want to read some glossed-over Betty Crocker meets Martha Stewart blog, do you? Hell to the no, man! I want to read a blog that sounds like it was written by Erma Bombeck after four Vodka Tonics!

So, that's kind of like our mission statement. :)

As for me, well, I'll give you the Reader's Digest version of my life story:

I had a happy childhood in Vermont. I met my husband when I was 21 years old and it was love at first sight for both of us, and we never swayed from our decision to be together. I had what I like to refer to as a "wee bit of cancer" about a decade ago, but it was thyroid cancer and very treatable, so I'm right as rain now. I used to work in television video production, then moved into streaming media production and live webcasting, and now I have somehow ended up working at the world's most annoying but flexible and therefore un-leave-able office job in the world. I have two beautiful sons who I orbit around like they're the sun and I'm a planet.

I'm a pop culture junkie. I read multiple gossip blogs a day and bore my friends regularly with my antics on my blog and Facebook. They're either very patient or have learned to tune me out completely. I'm an aspiring writer, and am currently working on two novels. Someday I might actually finish one. I love movies, books, and music. I struggle with my weight. I'm spiritual but not religious. I believe in karma and destiny. I love a good steak and a good Cab.

Basically, I'm a normal person looking to connect and maybe even entertain as I move through this crazy thing we call life. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment